Dear Client Families and Friends of Roy W. Barber Funeral Home:
Effective immediately, Barber Funeral Home is temporarily restricting access for all services to IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY. Given the ongoing and developing worldwide spread of COVID-19, and in conjunction with advice from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local governments’ advice to enact social-distancing protocols, we are taking this extraordinary measure to mitigate the risk of further spreading this virus among our client families, their guests and our dedicated staff.
Important details to know regarding this temporary modification of our operations:
1. Barber Funeral Home is OPEN – we will continue to serve your family in your time of need. Call us at 301-948-3500 and we can help.
2. Funeral services that the Barber Funeral Home performs in our community will go on as planned and will continue to be performed throughout this health crisis.
3. We ask that anyone, even immediate family members, with fever (temperature above 100.4F) and/or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (congestion, runny nose, cough, sore throat, etc.) DO NOT enter Barber Funeral Home property.
4. In order to protect ourselves, Barber Funeral Home always takes appropriate universal precautions when handling remains of deceased persons. During this time of an uncontrolled worldwide pandemic, Barber Funeral Home will take extraordinary universal precautions to increase measures that safeguard ourselves, other healthcare professionals, and grieving family members.
5. Please continue to reach out to our families in their time of need by utilizing the "tribute wall" feature of each obituary on our website.
Our family has served this community for Five Generations and will continue to serve you and your family during your times of loss. Please take care of yourselves and each other.
Roy W. Barber